640:354 LINEAR OPTIMIZATION
- Review of linear algebra
- Introduction to convex analysis
- Polyhedral theory
- Geometrical solution
- Simplex method
- Farkas' lemma
- Optimality conditions
- Linear programming duality
- Integer programming
- Branch and bound
- Gomory's fractional cut
- Various LP and IP models
Lectures, time and location
- Math 640:250 Linear Algebra
- 30% homeworks, 30% midterm exam, 40% final exam
- There will be 4-5 biweekly homework assignments.
- There will be one midterm before spring break.
- The final exam will be scheduled by Math. Dep.
- No further make-up exams will be administrated
unless they are formally required by Rutgers exam regulations.