640:354 LINEAR OPTIMIZATION
- FINAL EXAM IS TOMORROW (5/13/2013) AT 8:00PM IN OUR CLASSROOM (BE-003 LIV)
- ***A MODERATE SIZE PROBLEM (A.txt, b.txt, c.txt) FOR PROGRAMMING PROJECT HAS BEEN POSTED***
- The listed project has been deleted from the involved website. I would strongly advise the person/people who was/were involved to get in contact with me.
- ***IMPORTANT*** Today I found some disturbing news on the web that one of our classmates posted our programming project on the website freelancer (dot) com. I am warning, if I find the person, he/she will be reported to Math department. SO I strongly suggest that this ad will be taken off the website involved ASAP. Everybody will submit to a short questionare about the programming project and I will not tolerate any shortcomings.
- REMINDER: Half of these projects are assignments, you are responsible of handing in one of the projects
- ***A WARMUP PROBLEM (A.txt, b.txt, c.txt) FOR PROGRAMMING PROJECT HAS BEEN POSTED***
- 10 points last assignment, 10 points extra credit, projects has been posted (theoretical, programming). SOME CORRECTIONS HAS BEEN MADE (DUE DATE) ON PROJECTS (A typo has been also corrected) CHECK THEM AGAIN!
- LINK to optimality conditions
- Handout #3 on KKT and Duality (and some study problems for the midterm) is posted
- I will post some extra stuff tomorrow morning
- Handout #2 on geometric solution and canonical -> standard conversion is posted
- Handout #1 on derivation of simplex is posted
- Midterm #1 questions are posted
- MIDTERM #2 WILL BE ON 4/17/2013 IN CLASS
- Homework #4 is posted, you can download here START WORKING ON IT ASAP!!!
- Homework #3 is posted, you can download here
- FIRST MIDTERM IS AT 6:30PM 3/13/2013 IN OUR CLASSROOM!!
- There won't be a last minute review in today's office hour (3/13/2013). Bring your questions and solution approaches ONLY.
- SOLUTIONS for Homework #2 is posted, you can download here
- URGENT CORRECTION TO Homework #2 is posted, you can download here
- Homework #1 is posted, you can download here
- Department: Rutgers Center for Operations Research (RUTCOR)
640 Bartholomew Road, Piscataway, room 147
- Office hours: Wednesday 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. (RUTCOR, room 147)
- E-mail: yamangil (at) eden (dot) rutgers (dot) edu
- Course Website: http://rutcor.rutgers.edu/~eyamangil
- Mokhtar S. Bazaraa, John J. Jarvis and Hanif D. Sherali (2009), Linear programming and network flows, Wiley, 4th edition
- Bernard Kolman and Robert E. Bect (1995), Elementary linear programming and applications, Academic Press, 2nd edition